Time just keeps ticking away, as it tends to do. One minute we have a newborn and feel about as helpless as he is, then the next we have a little boy who is only 4 months away from being one year old. I guess I'm feeling a little nostalgic for the "old days," but of course am excited and anticipating what's to come.
In the past month, Aidan has mastered crawling, pulling up on furniture, and "cruising" (baby-speak for walking around supported by furniture). 
He can follow me all around the house, and now seems to go looking for trouble! He can find the littlest things on the floor that I can't even see, and they immediately go to his mouth. I have to constantly keep an eye on him, because next thing I know he'll be putting the cord to my cell phone charger in his mouth, or trying to climb up on a stool that will easily tip over on top of him (which happened, but it's a very lightweight stool so it didn't hurt him).
In the food department, Aidan decided that he doesn't like pureed foods so much anymore, and prefers to eat small bites of food. He gets so excited when Ben and I eat, and we often share little pieces of chicken or veggies with him in order to prevent a tantrum! He loves to eat the little puffs (similar to Cheerios, but dissolve easily), and in the past few days has learned to pick them up with his index finger and thumb and put them in his mouth. It still takes a few tries to get the puffs in, and it's so cute to watch him try to connect hand to mouth.
I weighed Aidan yesterday and he has tipped the scales at 20 lbs 6 oz! He can only be in his current car seat until 22 lbs, but will still have to face the back of the car until he's a year old, so we have a dilemma of what to do once he reaches that 22 lb mark. I guess we'll jump that hurdle when we get to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment