Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday, Aidan!

February 11, 2008, 11:30 am.  That's right, it was one year ago today that Aidan was born!  I remember it like it was yesterday (but I'm glad it wasn't!)  We've gone through so much in the last year, and I really have to say it was the best year of my life.  

In just the last month, Aidan had begun to understand many of the things that we say.  He understands - "Do you want to have a snack?" "Do you want to go to the park/outside?" "Do you want some water?" "Do you want to take a bath?"  When we ask any of these things, he responds by - going over to his high chair, grabbing my shoe and walking to the front door, pointing to his water cup, and going into the bathroom and pointing at the bathtub.  He is getting so smart!  

He isn't really saying any words yet, but he chatters and babbles like crazy.  We have "conversations."  It's so much fun!

Aidan absolutely loves to be outside, and wants t go to the park at least three times a day.  It's rough on all of us when it's raining outside, but luckily there have been breaks in the rain for us to go to the park.  I bought him some sand toys for his birthday, and that is one of his favorite things to do at the park.  He usually heads right for the sand box, especially if there are other kids playing in it.  He also loves to kick his soccer ball around at the park and climb up the stairs of the playground.
I will take some pictures later of Aidan's birthday day and post them.
For now, let's go back and remember day one.




1 comment:

Elena said...

Happy Birthday, Aidan! OMG, he's grown SO much. What a big boy! I almost cried when I saw the pictures from Day One. It's amazing how much can happen in one year.