Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Three Months Old

May 11, 2008 - Happy Mother's day to all you moms!  I am enjoying my first mother's day - Ben made me breakfast and lunch, and Aidan bought me a gift certificate for a massage.  What a good son!

On to Aidan...

Aidan is three months old today.  He has really grown in the last month, both in size and in ability.  I haven't weighed him in a couple of weeks, but I'm sure he's well over 14 lbs now, and probably even in the 15 lb range.  He is wearing 6 month clothes pretty comfortably - in a month he'll probably be in 6-9month clothes!  He's a big boy, but that just means he's healthy.

Aidan talks (coos) and smiles more and more, and has longer periods of happy time.  He also seems to take more naps now than when he was a newborn.  He has more of a schedule going for naps and takes them usually around the same time everyday.  He's getting more independent when it comes to naps too.  He used to wake up as soon as Ben or I would set him down anywhere, but now he can sleep on his own.  In fact, he's sleeping in his crib right now, which is a daytime napping first!  

Another first was last night, Aidan slept for 7 hours straight!  I am ecstatic about that!  That's the most I've slept for over three months, and it felt great.  I'm hoping he realized the wonders of sleeping through the night and decides that's more fun than waking up every few hours to eat, but I'm not betting on it.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, though.

Aidan is becoming more aware of his hands and feet, and is starting to grab things and pull them toward his mouth.  If we set one of his burp cloths on his belly, he will grab it with his arms and pull it toward his mouth.  He really seems to enjoy that, and I've discovered if he's fussy and give him the cloth it will calm him down for a little while.  Pretty soon he'll be able to grab smaller toys and put them in his mouth, so I guess it's time to wash everything.

Attached are some recent pictures of the little guy.  Enjoy!





No comments: